Radio Namaskar, the first Community Radio of Odisha (India) established at KONARK ( Internationally renowned tourist place for Sun Temple) to make the common people informative & active participant of the community development process.
It will ensure overcoming social problem through a community owned process through deployment of oriented personnel and sensitizing the beneficiary mass & will enable the general public to have access to each others views and ideas directly through a network of communication and can be able to have direct and immediate access to ensure redressal of grievance as well as finalization of local based issues of state and national importance. This will be possible in coordination with mass media of the state and even in coordination with the elites of the State that includes people from different streams of society who do have command and interest in different matters of common interest. This will ultimately augment the communication and knowledge transformation process in a well regulated but well related manner.
Radio Namaskar is established by Young India, a civil society organisation formed by some National Youth Awardees, Indira Gandhi NSS Awardees & Ex- NSS volunteers those are committed to the cause of social transformation & development.
Vision of the CRS;
The envisioned villages will be just, sustainable, collective, participatory, non-violent, self-ruled, self-sufficient, peaceful and eco-friendly emphasizing upon peace, love, affection Co-operation, Brother/sister hood and participation, free from exploitation, inequality and discrimination.
- Local Self Governance
- Human Rights/ Minority & Dalit Rights
- Right to Food/Information/Education.
- Disaster Management
- Gender Equity
- Societal Peace
- Survival of indigenous trade & culture.
Innovation and Creative Approaches
- All the team members are groomed from community.
- Most of the team members are volunteering.
- We didn’t recruit any professional staffs.
- We don’t need audition in Radio Namaskar.
- Our 80% programme comes from community.
- The village listener units finalize the content & concept.
- We use music/songs from only community singers.
- All of our jingle & filler music are based with folk music.
- A dedicated phone-line with an auto recording system has been tagged with the station to directly involve community members.
- ‘Radio Namaskar’ has its own web-portal www.radionamaskar.in with audio links to programmes. Social networking sites are used to expand its reach.
- In order to promote community radio process in the country, ‘Radio Namaskar’ does its bit with Community Radio Association of India.